Going to the Event in ActiveWorlds?
If you have a PC running Windows or a Mac with Windows emulation and you have an Internet connection* then you can go right over to ActiveWorlds (www.activeworlds.com) and download the free browser that will allow you to enter the ActiveWorlds cyberspace environment.
When you have installed the software it will launch you into ActiveWorlds. The following steps show you how to get to the Avatars 2001 event:
- Choose a name and enter as a "tourist". You should arrive at the ActiveWorlds Gate.
- Teleport to the world av01 by clicking on its name in the list on the left-hand side of your screen, or ask the Gatekeeper for directions. Or, if you are viewing this page in the built-in browser, click here to teleport.
- Once you have made it to av01, someone will be there to help you (another Gatekeeper) and you will see a lot of people running around in their "avatars" (their representation in cyberspace). Have a look around and get to grips with the ActiveWorlds browser then, when you are ready, follow the teleporters through the tubes and explore the CyberSpace-station and all its levels.
- This is probably the most important step and should be followed at all costs! Have fun!!!
* A full System Requirements specification can be found on the ActiveWorlds (www.activeworlds.com) website.