A CYBERSPACE ODYSSEY
AV01ART needs artists to fill its gallery space!
What kind of artwork are we looking for?
Paintings, drawings, sculpture, digital art, photography, graffiti art, music, poetry, you name it. As long as your art is online, we can put it in the gallery. We are not accepting anything of an erotic or pornographic nature as this is an all ages show, nor are we allowing anything with a content of hate, prejudice, gross violence, etc.
How do I submit my works for the AV01ART Gallery exhibition?
Here is a list of requirements. PLEASE READ:
- We require that you submit images that are on YOUR OWN webspace. Please do NOT send us images!
- Your images need to be submitted in URL form so we can link to them. (It's obvious in the sign up form.)
- They NEED to be in jpg format ONLY. Sorry, no gifs, bmps, etc.
- They need to be thumbnail sized images for the gallery. Something like 100x100 squared or no more than 300 at the longest edge of a rectangle. We will link these small images to larger more detailed ones on your site. A link to larger, more detailed images are encouraged so people can click the small one and see the large version in the aw browser.
- The small thumbnail images must be low resolution. The large images, if you're using them, can be whatever resolution you want.
- You must fill out the form and submit your works. The curator will consider them and if there is any problems, you will be contacted. If you are not contacted, you can assume your work will be in the exhibition.
Questions, Help, Difficulties or Problems?
If you have any questions, are experiencing any problems or need help with any of this, send a brief email to curator, jupytr (email email@example.com). She will answer you back promptly.
Visiting AVATARS 2001 and the AV01ART Gallery.
To visit any of the AV01 worlds, you must download and install the Active Worlds 3D browser, which runs on Windows PC's only (sorry 'bout that MAC users).
To visit the gallery on the big opening day, December 2th, download and install Active Worlds from www.activeworlds.com. After installing, run the software by double clicking the AW icon that appears on your desktop after installation. Once in the AW environment, you will see many little black triangles. This is the equivalent of waiting for a regular 2D webpage to load so just be patient. It's worth the wait. Next, enter AV01 world. To do that you'll need to click on the little globe icon on the left of your AW browser. Once you've clicked the globe, it will open up a section underneath with all the worlds available. Scroll down until you find AV01 (worlds are in alphabetical order). AV01 is the hub world for the event. You can reach all things AV01 from there. Simply click AV01 and you'll be at ground zero. Wait for the world to load and you'll be able to navigate. Follow directions to AV01ART world. Also, on the right side of your browser you will be able to find information about the event. Just drag the edge to open it wider if you need to. (You can also close it in the same manner.) This is the web page area of the AW browser.
Have your artwork submitted no later than November 28th. Anything submitted after that time will be rejected. Sorry, but we do have deadlines ourselves and work to be done. And remember, first come, first serve. We have limited space so get your submissions in asap.
There is a 3 piece submission limit. One submission per artist, please. If we find you are using another name for added submissions, obviously some will be disqualified unless we have the extra space before the opening.
Submission Form - What we need from you is:
- Firstly, PLEASE READ THIS as it contains important information you'll need to submit successfully.
- Your name as you would like it to appear on a sign in your display area.
- Your affiliation, if any, which will appear on a sign under your name.
- The web address/url to your site, homepage or web-based gallery which we can link to your works. This will be clickable from your affiliation or website sign.
- Your email address so we can contact you and also provide a link for it in your display area. This will be clickable from your name sign.
- The addresses of up to three low res jpg thumbnail images of your works, no more than 300 pixels at the longest edge (128 works best for most). These will be placed in the picture object panels.
- Web addresses for each of the images submitted. We need links to the thumbnail images you have submitted for the exhibition. These will link back to a specific location containing a higher resolution/larger version of your artwork. This larger version can be viewed in the website section (on the right) of the aw browser when the small images are clicked on.
- Titles for each piece of artwork to appear on the picture object panels at and on pop-up text boxes that appear when visitors
hold their cursor over your works or signs. With that out of the way,
continue on to the submission form.
If any artists are interested in having a full time, personal gallery in the artists' community, Zero Gallery Village (ZGV), click here for more information. We can set you up with a personal gallery all your own, that stays in ZGV full time. You can have as much artwork in it as you'd like. You can add new artwork at any time as well. Lots of people come through ZGV and they might not see your artwork otherwise. It's a great oppertunity and is totally free. If any artwork is ever sold as a result of your works being in ZGV, no commissions are ever taken. How does that sound? If you want more info by email, click here to send an email to ZGV's curator.
By submitting your art you agree to have an image or images from it reproduced on the website of the Contact Consortium (http://www.ccon.org). If you provided a home page address for each artwork, we will provide links back to your home page for guests who click on your art or signage in the world. Please sign up on the Avatars mailing list for news of Avatars2001 at: http://www.ccon.org/lists/avatars.html for news of the art show or other Avatars2001 conference events.
Please Note: This is a public open space event. People may take pictures! Each artist owns their own intellectual copyrights but should understand that this is a public showing, and that visitors may take screen shots of your works on display. This is similar visitors taking pictures at a real world open space gallery. Users may take away visual momentos in their rolls of virtual film. We will label your works with your name so that proper and due credit will appear to the public.