Black Sun Interactive
Silicon Graphics, Inc.
and Contact Consortium
Contest runs through Oct. 25, 1996
Is your avatar destined for stardom?
TV has the Emmys, Hollywood has the Oscars, and now Cyberspace has the Avvy Awards. Submit your avatars and compete for fame and fabulous prizes. Send your submissions in soon -- final judging will be held on October 26, 1996 at the Grande Avatar Social, part of the Contact Consortium's Earth to Avatars Conference. (You do not have to be registered at the Conference to enter the awards.)
Submit your avatar(s) for nominations in the following categories:
- Most Realistic
- Best Non-Humanoid
- Best Bang for the Buck (most elegant & efficient use of polygons and texture mapping)
- VRML 2.0
- Best non-VRML
- Best Overall
Contest Rules & Judging:
- All entries must be received by 5pm (PST) Friday, October 25.
- VRML (Virtual Reality Modeling Language) compliant avatars will be viewed using SGI's Cosmo Player browser and Black Sun Interactive's CyberHub Client (with Netscape's Live3D).
- Suggested VRML avatar file size limit is 60k, 1000 polygons.
- Non-VRML avatars must be submitted with instructions on how best to view them.
- Winners will be announced at 8pm (PST) October 26, 1996 at the Grande Avatar Social.
- Contestants can also join the award ceremony virtually by going to Cybercore's Penthouse World using the CyberHub Client. Winners not present physically or virtually will be notified via email.
Grand Prize for Best Overall Avatar will be a Wacom ArtPad II graphics tablet with Pressure-sensitive Eraser Pen, and a wooden artist's figure model.
Winners for the other categories will receive the latest and greatest full version of Quake for the PC.
For questions regarding the contest, please contact Black Sun Interactive.
Submit your avatar:
Or contact Dia at Black Sun Interactive.
NOTE: After pressing SUBMIT your form has been submitted,
there will be NO ACKNOWLEDGEMENT page presented.