Steps for installing Active Worlds
and Teleporting from Web Pages
1. You must first Download and Immigrate into Active Worlds
from the Active Worlds home page.
2. Then, you must configure your browser to launch Active Worlds Browser
as a helper application.
Follow these steps in Netscape 2.x or above:
- Select Options, General Preferences, Helpers
- Select Create New Type
- Enter application and x-alphaworld for MIME type and sub-type
- Enter av, AV for the file extensions
- Select Launch the Application and enter \Active Worlds\aworld.exe or browse and search for
the Active Worlds browser aworld.exe.
- Return to the Consortium Home page and click on the Teleport icon
Follow these steps in Internet Explorer or other browsers:
- Click on the teleport link, you will be prompted, select Open it using a program on your computer
- Choose Active Worlds Browser from the list, or, if it is not in the list, choose Other
and scroll to \active worlds\ and choose aworld.exe
- Click OK on both dialogues and Active Worlds should start and you can now teleport from
Please send any comments to our Webmaster
© 1997 Contact Consortium, All Rights Reserved.